Search Engine Optimization (SEO) refers to a series of coordinated steps that increase the chance of your website showing in the search engine results page (SERP). People also refer to this presence in the SERP as organic rankings. Presence on the SERP for terms important to your organization leads to increased traffic and leads from your website. While the organization does not pay for each visitor to the website from organic search results, there is ongoing effort and time required to optimize the website and achieve top rankings. Content marketing is also key to successful SEO.
SEO generally has a very high return on investment because people using search engines have high intent to purchase. That means that rather than having to convince someone that they need your service, SEO visitors have already indicated their interest by searching for keywords that match your business category. SEO typically shows up as one of the lowest cost lead sources in annual surveys of marketers.
seo process overview
Good website rankings are driven by content on your site and the links and content from other sites. With this in mind, the bullets below summarize our process for optimizing your website’s rankings:
- During the Keyword Discovery phase of the project, we work with you to determine the best keyword targets. We use your current site traffic, keyword research tools and your business strategy to determine the target keywords that your prospects are using when looking for your business.
- We then create keyword relevant articles for your targeted keywords each month. The content is developed so that one article can be used several times during the link-building phase of the project.
- Our ongoing link-building program distributes that content to one of the thousands of sites that accept user-generated content. Each of the articles links back to your site with relevant anchor text. Although the primary purpose of these submissions is links to the target site, the client may receive some referral traffic from the submissions. If desired, we can also use the content for blogging. Finally, all submissions are added to social bookmarking sites and other locations to improve the indexing of the content by search engines.
- Any confirmed links are included in our linking rotation so that some new articles may link to other articles or social bookmarks. The process increases the value of the links into your site.
- All of our activities are available for client review through our SEO dashboard. In addition to the actions, we track rankings on a daily basis for each targeted keyword.